Associate Director of Development
Shalom Spirituality Center is seeking an Associate Director of Development. This is a full-time, 30 hours per week position responsible for designing, implementing and coordinating a comprehensive fundraising strategy for Shalom Spirituality Center. Shalom is a non-profit organization owned and operated by the Sisters of St. Francis in Dubuque, Iowa. We annually serve over 8,000 people of all ages and faith traditions through retreats, educational programs, and events.
- Develop and implement fundraising projects including appeals, events, and give days.
- Write grant proposals to corporations and foundations. Manage grant stewardship and reporting.
- Plan and implement the major gift and planned giving efforts.
- Visit individual donors and area businesses to cultivate, solicit and steward gifts.
- Collaborate with Shalom marketing to create and maintain a development marketing strategy that incorporates in-person engagement, social media, print, and video.
- Plan and execute events for donors and volunteers.
- Coordinate Shalom volunteers.
- Associate degree required, bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Three to five years of related work experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office required.
- Experience using social media in a marketing or fundraising setting preferred.
- Experience with fundraising databases and tracking systems desired.
We are looking for someone who wants to join in the mission at Shalom to provide a sacred space and peaceful environment for all who seek to deepen their relationship with God, self, others, and creation. To learn more about us, visit www.shalomretreats.org.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to Connie Palm, Shalom Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.